Friday, July 13, 2012

When the days wear long and it seems I can barely hold on, I close my eyes and think of you. And just as the warmth of the sun touches my skin, I recall how you have touched my heart- Amanda Prescott



We have always seen our life with Amrit as a journey and our journey has taken us on many different roads. There have been  turns here and there that have filled our life with all different kinds of challenges, obstacles and changes. But we've always made it through those times because God has always placed someone in our path to bring us some encouragement, strength, kindness, knowledge and hope.

Creating this blog has given me the perfect opportunity to do something that I have always wanted to do.  I would like to thank some wonderful earth angels who have been instrumental in helping Amrit reach where she is today.  These are the people who have somehow touched our life, wonderful people who stepped into our path of life for just a short time. Nevertheless, they have left their footprints on our heart and have  left me with some sort of inspiration.

At one time or another, the people I'm about to mention, have somehow shared their lives with us. A lot of things they've said to me and things they've done for Amrit will always be held close within my heart.  I have many beautiful memories and cherish each and every one of them.  

The first and foremost in the list I wish to thank is Mrs. Meenakshi Dixit, Chairperson, Doon Blossoms School, Dehradun. She is the amazing lady who gave Amrit the first feel of a school. There were days when Amrit would not confine to the so called school rules, but she was never singled out. She would rummage through Mam’s kitchen, mixing up the spices and other rations but was never pointed at. I still remember how she would slip into her house and refuse to move back to the classroom. From play group to grade five, she held on to my daughter’s hand and I will ever be grateful for those formative years.

Amrit was also lucky to have wonderful teachers like Rashmi Verma, Amita Rawat, Poorva and Vibha who held her hand through those difficult years when she was lost in her own world, trying to come to terms with the different world around her. These wonderful ladies taught her phonetics and I still remember the first time Amrit read a newspaper headline, all thanks to Rashmi who taught her letter recognition and Amita mam who grilled her with phonetics, today my daughter loves to read the newspaper.

In grade five, we moved Amrit to yet another wonderful, secure setup of Selaqui World School where she realized her passion in life, her love for Art under the guidance of Mr. Sujit Das. Sujit Sir recognized and nurtured her talent and gave her the confidence to bloom and flourish, to give words to her feelings through the brush. He gave her the exposure to widen her horizons and helped us to understand the direction her life was to take. Much to his credit, Amrit filled the canvas of her life with vibrant colours and hope and love that she will cherish forever.


It was time to move again. After five years at Selaqui, we moved Amrit in the lap of serenity, calm and beautiful location of Kasiga School. Once again she was fortunate to have a mentor in the form of Mr. Bapun Dutta who nurtured her talent further. She would sit at her table by the window, looking out to the beautiful landscape that surrounded the place and paint it on her canvas.


Two years later I once again moved and this time the shift has had a major implication on our lives. I joined Pathways School, Noida and it is here that Amrit has found her calling. It’s here that my girl is exactly who she is, welcomed into a community who viscerally understands what it means to be different – by any degree, by people who respect her enough to meet her exactly where she is and tell her – and show her – that it’s perfect. Thank You Pathways for reaching out to Amrit and for all that you do each and every day. So many wonderful people have filled her Life's canvas and have extended support and showered her with such positivity and love for which I will be eternally grateful. Here she has matured as an artist and painter under the guidance of Mr. Anil Goswami, who has given a direction to her work and a true meaning to her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment